Check out our new blog here: The HOTH SEO Training & Strategy Blog
We get a lot of questions here at The HOTH. Many of them we hear more than once, so we thought we’d do a round up of your top questions and put all our answers here!
Below you’ll find the answers to the most frequent questions we’ve gotten in the last few months. Do you have other questions you’d like to ask? Leave ‘em in the comments!
What’s up with Penguin 2.1?
At The HOTH, our main concerns are results and safety. Our content distribution technologies mimic the path of viral content — which Google loves. This is the most natural way to get tons of links quickly, meaning faster rankings, all while keeping your sites safe.
We have been constantly updating our service over the last few years to stay one step ahead of Google updates, but there are a few things to keep in mind when ordering links:
1. Penguin 2.1 only affected a small percentage of search queries. A drop in rankings does not always indicate a Google penalty. You’ll want to look at your site’s history and see if you notice fluctuations based on the dates of Google updates.
2. Penguin hit sites that had an over-optimization of anchor text. Now, more than ever, it is important to vary the keywords that you are optimizing so that one particular keyword doesn’t take up too much of your profile. Don’t just use variations of your keyword, but actually use naked anchors (www.yoursite.com) and benign phrases (blog, link, website, check this out).
3. Penguin hit sites that had a lack of internal links. Having way too many links go to the homepage and not spreading the love out to your inner pages will raise a red flag to Google.
4. Tiered link building still works and works well, but you have to have a strategy that includes keeping your diversity high.
Here’s a great article from Viperchill about Penguin 2.1 and the effects that it had.
What is this Volume Module thing and what do I select?
The Volume Module is the second half of our content distribution process. After you get your Authority Module report, we take each super-spun article that we created for you and slow drip article submissions to our private HOTH network over 3–4 weeks. It mimics the syndication of authority content in our viral distribution process. We don’t start this process until after we send out your Authority Module report.
The HOTH network is totally private and 100% controlled by us. We’ve found it to be safe and effective at ranking specific keywords but since it involves the mass distribution of content, we give you a few options so that you get more control.
For most sites that don’t have a lot of high quality back links already, we highly recommend pointing the Volume Module towards The HOTH’s Top Level blogs.
If you are trying to rank a Youtube video, Amazon page, or any other page on a super-high authority domain, you can point the Volume Module directly to your target page for the biggest link boost possible. High authority websites can handle a lot of links without any issues.
What other products do you recommend I use?
This is an exciting time to be a HOTH user. For the first time ever, we have multiple complimentary products to assist with your various SEO needs.
HOTH Local: The only all-in-one local ranking machine. This is for local businesses with a real business address. HOTH Local is a complete solution that includes a citation audit, local citations, rich media citations and social citations. You can now order HOTH Local from inside your HOTH customer dashboard!
Lock My Brand: Take charge of your brand’s reputation by securing your username on the top social sites. We’ll register the top social profiles on the net for your specified username, upload a picture, add a description, fill out the profile and add a link.
Backlinks.com: Take full control over your link building by renting links from high authority sites in whatever niche you have. High PR links are a big part of any successful campaign.
I have an adult site, can you guys still HOTH me?
Sorry, we don’t accept adult topics at the HOTH at this time.
Do you take care of my onsite SEO as well?
At The HOTH we strictly focus on building high quality links and we leave the on-site SEO for you to take care of. If you would like a referral for expert on-site SEO help, please just let our sales team know.
Any other questions? Leave them in the comments!
Get started with your HOTH Subscription campaign today!
Set It And Forget It HOTHs
If there is one thing that’s been made clear to us, it’s that our customers want Set-It-And-Forget-It services for a bunch of different reasons:
1. You’re busy — You have more important things to do than come to our portal and place new orders every month.
2. SEO is an ongoing process — You’re going to want a consistent stream of links coming into your site keeping it alive and ranking.
3. Traffic is unlimited, there is always more — The number of keywords your can target is infinite, there are long tails until the end of time.
4. Competition — Your competition doesn’t stop building links.
Today we’re launching set it and forget it subscription ordering. This makes it easy as pie to set up a campaign and will leave you confident knowing that we’ll be building consistent links to your sites just like clock work, exactly to your specifications.
We think this is going to be an awesome feature that will save you loads of time.
Here’s How It Works
1) Place an order — Set up an order like normal, and then just choose to run your campaign weekly or monthly. We’ll place a new order for you on the schedule that you set automatically.
2) Change your keywords or URLs at any time or leave them the same — You can log into our portal and change your URLs or keywords at any time. When the next package is scheduled to run, we’ll run it with your new keywords. If you don’t change your keywords, we’ll just execute your package like normal. We even build in automatic anchor text diversity in our volume module to help avoid over-optimization!
3) No Commitment. Upgrade, Downgrade, or Cancel Anytime. Simple as that.
Get New Top Level Domains Each Time With Scheduled Orders
On top of the ease of ordering and flexibility, we wanted to give you something even more: A better product.
Right now, if you order the hoth ala-carte, we build you a new wordpress, blogspot, and tumblr each time. These domains are great for 1 time orders, but if we know we’re going to be working on the same campaign over the course of multiple packages, we want to give you more diversity.
When you order the HOTH on subscription, we’ll build top levels from completely new domains each time a new package runs, maximizing the diversity you get from authoritative sources. We investigated and vetted over 30+ high authority properties that we will build as top levels.
Future Scheduled Orders
We also built in the ability to set up a HOTH to run at a future specified date. Just select the date that you’d like the HOTH to be placed on the calendar, and after you’re done it will appear in your scheduled orders tab.
With subscription HOTHs, we hope to help automate your workflow and take off the burden of organizing campaigns every month.
This is one of the biggest game changers we’ve done at the HOTH and our goal is to make your life easier.
Get started with your HOTH Subscription campaign today!
There’s been a lot of shakeups recently in the news for everyone who’s in SEO. So when you’re building links for yourself or your clients, you want to know that you’re working with a partner that’s on the cutting edge, constantly evolving, and staying ahead of the game.
…And that’s exactly what we’re doing at the HOTH.
Today, I’m really excited to bring to you our latest news and a MASSIVE upgrade for our service. I’m going to tell you how we came to where we are today, what that means for you, and how we’re staying ahead of the curve.
Let’s get into it.
(Watch the video, or read the post below!)
When you’re working on numerous link building campaigns, it can be hard to keep track of them all. You want to be able to organize by account manager, client, season or anything else that’s important to you.
That’s why we created Tags for The HOTH.
Tags allows you to assign as many organizational tags as you want to any campaign. These aren’t keywords for us to use for link building. Just tags that you can later sort by to make your life easier.
Watch the video above to see Tags for The HOTH in action.
Leave your questions, comments and feedback in the comments below!